- Wikipedia List of tools for static code analysis
- Free/Open Source
- Java Compiler
- Overview (Compiler Tree API)
- The 12-steps plan (for extending the Javac compiler) - Java: Developing On The Streets
- Tom Ball's Blog: Hacking javac
- JDK 6 Java Compiler (javac)-related APIs & Developer Guides -- from Sun Microsystems
- The Java Compiler API
- java.net: The Open Road: Superpackages
- The Java Community Process(SM) Program - JSRs: Java Specification Requests - detail JSR# 199
- List of Java virtual machines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Talks, Blogs, etc.
- my take on things: Why is Static Analysis Uncommon?
- Greg - Stack Overflow
- What code analysis tools do you use for your Java projects? - Stack Overflow
- JavaOne Technical Sessions - Improving Software Quality with Static Analysis - 2008
- TS-2007.pdf (application/pdf Object)
- java.net: The Open Road: javax.annotation
- Gregg Sporar's Blog: Talking About Static Analysis
- Fabiano Cruz's Blog: Java Static Analysis made easy with Apache Maven 2
- YouTube - Using Static Analysis For Software Defect Detection
16 October 2008
Static Analysis Resources
I compiled these links while putting together a talk for the Capital District Java Users Group (CDJDN) near Albany, NY. My presentation slides are posted on the group's website.